On Saturday, March 7, visit the Clemson One Building for some WordPress goodness at WordCamp Greenville 2020 in South Carolina! With plenty of sessions available, there is something for everyone looking to expand their prowess with WordPress.
And it’s a great way to network with others in your area! You never know who you’ll meet.
What to Expect at WordCamp Greenville 2020
This one-day event promises to be engaging as you can find everything from blogging optimization to pro developer tools.
Some of the talks you’ll find this year include:
- SEO for Bloggers – Improving Rank and Growing Your Audience
Understanding proper search engine optimization is vital to any blog’s success. And Kori Ashton will break down the basics and help you get Google’s attention for better search results.
- WordPress to Static Websites – How Freelancers and Agencies Can Reduce Server Costs and Complexities
In this session, Erick Arbe will go over how to move WordPress into a static website platform and how Elementor or Divi can help construct your static site.
- Beaver Builder: Pre-Load Your Sites for Lightning Fast Deployment with Page Builders
Let Shelly Peacock show you how to use Beaver Builder and a select handful of plugins to deploy websites fast with easy customization options.
- Technical Troubleshooting for Beginners
Although WordPress is a stable system, sometimes things happen. In this session, Ben Meredith helps you learn basic troubleshooting skills that will save you hours of lost time.
- Pro Developer Tools to Modernize Your WordPress Development
Take your development process to a whole new level as Kevin Dees demonstrates tools and frameworks to streamline WordPress.
And this is only some of the things you’ll find at WordCamp Greenville 2020. Just make sure you arrive early and register for some free donuts and coffee.
Which is often enough for me to attend almost any event.
Fun Facts About Greenville
While you’re attending camp, you should take a bit of time and check out the city. Although it’s not a massive area, there’s still quite a bit to absorb. For instance, did you know:
- The average annual snowfall in Greenville is less than five inches? For us here in the Rockies, we got five inches in one night last week.
- Fluor Field is a miniature of Fenway Park with its own “Green Monster” in the outfield. It’s fitting since the Greenville Drive is a Class A minor league affiliate team of the Boston Red Sox.
- The only children’s museum in the US that is an affiliate of the Smithsonian, the Children’s Museum of the Upstate is an 80,000 square-foot establishment. This makes it the 7th largest children’s museum in the United States.
And this doesn’t include some of the beautiful sites of the city, such as the popular Falls Park. It’s home to some incredible waterfalls.
Enjoy Yourself at WordCamp Greenville 2020
Even though we won’t be there in person, we hope you still have an amazing weekend in Greenville. And we’re proud to be a sponsor of the event.
I’d like to thank the organizers, volunteers, attendees and sponsors for helping to keep this tradition alive. It’s support like this which makes the WordPress community an amazing one to belong to.